the SouthPosted: March 12, 2008
I love the south. I have lived in seven southern cities (most in GA) and will soon be moving to my eight later this year! There is no where else like it!
We went to Savannah this weekend. Spring is beginning to bloom and it is beautiful! They are a little ahead of us here in Atlanta. There is nothing like the Spring in the South…especially south Georgia. I lived in Macon for six years and have found memories of the Cherry Blossom Festival and all the beautiful Azaleas. I am excited about watching the Spring come in next year in Savannah!
We meet with a pastor this weekend. He was talking about Spring in Savannah. He said there is not a more beautiful city in the Spring and I have to agree with him!
I found this Facebook group called “You know you are from Georgia when….” and I had to share some of the list! It is so true!
1. You can properly pronounce Chickamauga, DeKalb, Dahlonega, Smyrna, Buena Vista, Valdosta, Okefenokee, and La Fayette.
P.S.. Atlanta = ADD-LANNA not AT-LANT-A.
2. You think people who complain about the heat in their states are sissies.
4. You know that the true value of a parking space is not determined by the distance to the door, but by the availability of
5. Stores don’t have bags or shopping carts, they have sacks and buggies.
8. You measure distance in minutes.
10. You listen to the weather forecast before picking out an outfit.
12. Someone you know has used a football schedule to plan their wedding date. (We did! Is that not normal? )
14. Almost everyone you know is either Baptist or Methodist.
16. You know everything goes better with Ranch dressing.
22. Fried chicken is a major part of your diet.
24. You call it a cold Christmas if you don’t break out in a sweat in your new sweater.
27. You know the difference between a hillbilly, a redneck, and a Southerner.
30. You understand that at least once a year your car will turn yellow with pollen.
40. You use the heater in the mornin’ and AC in the afternoon during the “winter” season.
44. You are 100% Georgian if you have ever had this conversation:”You wanna coke?” “Yeah.””What kind?””Dr Pepper”