Joy in the Everyday Stuff…Posted: June 2, 2008
My sister is blogging now. I have told her she should do this for a while now! Her “theme” is simple. It is “finding beauty in everyday “. I think this is so great and such a challenge!
If there is anything God has given me over the last couple of weeks it is joy! I felt for so long that I had lost my joy. It is easy to feel joy or happiness on vacation or on a mission trip or retreat or something. Is hard to find it sometimes in our everyday routine. I think you have to search for it or be still enough to notice it. My sister is a budding photographer. She is always seeing things I don’t see and capturing them. I wish I had that “eye”. I think finding joy is similar… you have to look for it and capture what you find!
My Bible concordance defines joy as happiness or gladness. I guess that is true to an extent but I think you can have joy even when things are not necessarily “happy”. I think joy is something only God gives and in a way it is finding God… I mean finding God in the little things even.
So I do this a lot but here is my “list” of where I have found joy!
– my house! I love my house even in the midst of trying to sell it!
– my new flowers outside… getting them for .99 a piece is joyful too!
– our nephew Tanner’s smiles!
– the frequent karate kicks I feel inside me all during the day!
– our countdown to the baby getting closer and closer!
– having all our needs meet!
– grocery shopping with Mark … one of our favorite ‘dates” and yes we are that lame : )
– my new books
– meeting new people through Canvas
– our Core group with Canvas!
– the nursery…so much fun to work on!
– over coming my battle with the sewing machine!
– Mark’s helpfullness (I don’t know if that is a word : )
– nightly walks around the neighborhood
– my declining fear of labor : )
I make list like this often and it really helps me put things into perspective! There is joy to be found! Look for it!