Postpartum thoughts…Posted: July 21, 2008
I had no idea a little thing that only weighs almost 8 pounds would keep me so busy! I have had no time to myself yet I am not even sure what I have been doing?! : )
Here are the random thought in my whirling through my head…
– I love my baby so much!
– Trey sure does like to eat! If he is awake he wants to eat!
– Will my stomach ever look the same?… (no! unfortunately I know the answer to that one!)
– I have a whole new appreciation for my mom… and would not have made it through the last couple of weeks without her!
– A C-section really is not as bad as the doctors made it out to be! (Although, I greatly miss my pain medication… it ran out last week!)
– my life is now run by Trey’s feeding clock!
– everyone said “You have no idea how much your life is about to change” … even though Mark and I got tired of hearing it…. they were right!
– I think our baby might be a red head… and we have already realized he has the temper to match it! : )
– Postpartum blues are a real thing… I thought pregnacy was bad… (sigh) … I would like to feel normal again!
– Sleep is a rare and short thing… all the days run together…
– Mark and I went on a small short date Friday night… we got in the car… it was just the two of us… it felt really normal… when will the three of us start feeling normal? : )
– Dare I say I miss being pregnant!?! I never thought I would say that!
– I miss the hospital! Can we go back? : )
– Our baby is vastly loved! I am overwhelmed at the love shown by our family and friends!
There is my brain in a nutshell right now! One thing is for sure… I love this baby! He is amazing! He is our gift from God and worth whatever life change we need to go through!